Hot Tub Electrician
Wired hot tubs are an important luxury for hot tub users, but if it is not done properly, they can be dangerous.
If you're curious about their wiring installation and want to know what to expect, you've come to the right place!
What Kind Of Electrical Wiring Is Needed For Hot Tubs?
You'll want to make sure you have enough power to wire a hot tub. Hot tubs are designed to perform most efficiently when they're hard-wired with a GFCI-protected 50AMP circuit. A ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) cuts power in as little as 1/40 seconds when a ground fault occurs.
Most hot tubs require four wires with mixed voltage components: green ground wire must be connected to the GFCI grounding bus bar; copper wire, red load wire, and black load wire are also required and must be connected properly.
When connecting a 230-volt hot tub, an electrician must integrate the main house or spa panel with a 50-60 amp circuit breaker, the external GFCI disconnect box or GFCI shut off box, and the controller box.
Furthermore, National Electrical Code requires that "the liquid tight flexible metal conduit shall be permitted in lengths of not more than 1.8 m (6 ft) external to the hot tub enclosure..."
Therefore, ensure that the electrician you choose understands how important it is that their work complies with building codes before any work is started.
What Factors To Consider for Hot Tub Installations?
When planning an electrical installation for your hot tub, take these factors into account:
- Location of the electrical outlet
- Strength of your electrical panel
- Is there anything metal nearby that needs to be grounded?
- The distance from the main electrical panel
- If you intend to install a hot tub outdoors, keep in mind that most localities will require the wiring to pass through a conduit pipe
- The approved manual disconnect device must be visible to the owners.
- Consult your hot tub owner's manual for specific manufacturer and model requirements
Fluxx Electrical makes things easier for you! Our team of experts will guide you through the process and ensure that you make the best decisions possible.
Call us at (647) 494-1069!
Why Hiring a Licensed Electrician Is Crucial for Wiring?
Hiring a professional is critical because:
- They are familiar with the safe hot tub installation process.
- They will be aware of the exact specifications, local codes, and any special conditions to be aware of.
- They will have access to newer tools and techniques used in wiring safety equipment.
- They won't only meet National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements but also ensure that your system runs efficiently and with minimal problems in the future.
How To Make Sure You Hire a Qualified Professional?
Hot tub wiring is a complex process that should only be attempted by a professional.
With Fluxx Electrical, rest assured that you'll be in good hands.
As a local company that has been in the electrical industry for many years, we know that the best way to get our name out is by providing excellent service to the community.
We provide electrical inspection and other services such as service panel upgrades, fuse panel replacement, underground wiring, and much more!
353 Iroquois Shore Rd #1, Oakville, ON L6H 1M3, Canada is our main office. We regret to inform you that we don't currently accept on-site visits. Call us at (647) 494-1069 any time to get started!